Friday, January 1, 2010

Oh, hi.

Um, hello? Please feel free to wrap me on the wrists. I haven't been in a secure location or trapped under something heavy or even doing anything that seemed important enough not to write but I clearly haven't written either. Sorry about that.

I have been kind of busy. There was Christmas prep, Christmas shopping, Christmas revelry and I'm sure there were other things. Hmmm. Oh right, eating and working out. I pretty much alternated between holiday business (eating) and subbing classes at the gym (working off the eating). So what I'm trying to say is, I have no excuse for not blogging except that I've been occupying my hands with stuffing my face and then occupying my feet with moving around a lot.

I will say this for my sorry, blog-lazy butt: I have been really good with journaling over this holiday season. I made a conscience effort this year to remind myself that over stuffing myself wasn't going to make Christmas more enjoyable or make the holidays less stressful. And let me tell you, reminding yourself to take care of yourself everyday when you have ten gifts to buy, two casseroles to make, forty cookies to bake and lots of hugs and smiles to express is like reminding yourself to fly to the moon before going to work. Life stress means that, for me, organization goes out the window. Dear God, I am a creature of habit and doing habitual things like journaling when the day is full of aberrations is quite a challenge.

This is not to say that I was perfect at journaling, nor was I great with my calorie consumption. In fact, I still overate a lot. But if anyone asks, I did my best damn it.

No comments: