Monday, October 26, 2009

The Old Standby

So its my birthday. I find birthdays, like store bought waffles, kind of disappointing. Not that I don't love my birthday and all the gifts and fun. Also, I'm not sure what I think I'm expecting. Its not like I want someone to have a parade in my honor.

The thing that makes birthdays hard though is that I love a good celebratory dinner. I have become somewhat skilled in having entire celebratory weeks without busting the button on my favorite pants. So I guess they aren't that hard. They're just . . . more . . . challenging than a normal day?

What I'm basically saying here is that its Monday and I haven't effectively journaled a single day since Friday. I've written down a meal or two complete with calories. I've even managed to write something on each of those days even if its without calories. I don't even want to know how many extra calories I ate this weekend (and really, who can know how many calories are in a bacon wrapped filet). And, um, I plan to continue to enjoy myself this evening. So instead I've been refusing to eat when I'm not hungry. I stop when I'm full (sort of, sometimes there is bacon left!).

So, I haven't been journaling but I haven't been stuffing myself. Its the old standby of dieters.

Hey, at least I can still button my pants!

No comments: