Monday, September 7, 2009

Journaling, Arggh

So here is the thing with journaling: it requires incredible patience. This weekend we were on the road for a majority of both days. We packed up sandwiches made of homemade bread, veggies and hummus, fruit, nuts and raisins. Packing up all this food was so much cheaper than eating all our meals at gas stations and rest stops.

But the best reason for all this was eating well. While I didn't eat much fried food, I definitely didn't do well with journaling and eating consciously. In fact, I didn't journal a single calorie on Sunday. This doesn't happen too often and I try to never let it happen. But, sometimes, you're in a car for six hours and there are tasty meals served at a wedding!

It is incredibly easy to beat myself up about this. So, months ago, I resolved not to beat myself up about it. In fact, I refuse to feel guilty about past caloric mistakes. Nothing I can do but improve in the future. One of the most useful things I learned in Weight Watchers was from a leader who would remind us that 'if you drop one egg on the floor, its not like you go and toss the whole dozen'. If you eat a cheeseburger on Sunday night, there is no point in eating a dozen cheeseburgers. Okay so that is kind of an exaggeration, but not really. So, while I didn't journal yesterday. Today I resolve to write down everything I eat, only eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm not longer hungry. Arggh no longer!

No comments: